Delaware County Historical Society logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title Plat of Delaware Town, Delaware County, Ohio
Object Name Map
Creator Welsh, W. L.
Scope & Content In this 1833 map, the Town of Delaware is bounded by the Olentangy River on the East, Delaware Run on the South, Liberty Street on the West, and North Street (Central Ave.) on the North. Also of note, is the location of the Sulphur Spring near Delaware Run. The location of the jail and court house in their present location. West of Liberty Street are undivided properties identified as owned by William Little. Also identified on the map are undivided properties owned by Hosea Williams, Ralph Hills, Ezra Griswold, Charles Sweetser, George Storm, Delight Sweetser, and Henry VanDerman
Drawn by W.L. Welch
Catalog Number FIC2016.3.12