|Title||269 North Franklin Avenue|
|Scope & Content||
This is the house across the street from the Willis House.
1890-1892: Lewis, Carrie lived here. There is no job listed for her/him, but they do not identify as retired, nor as a widow/widower.
1893-1897: Snodgrass, Bertha M., John F., Martha B. lived here. Martha was John's wife, and Bertha was their daughter. The family owened and ran Snodgrass and Co., which sold dry goods and notions. Snodgrass and Co. was located at 43 and 45 N. Sandusky Street.
1899-1901: Snodgrass, Harriet C., Ray S. joined Bertha M., John F., Martha B. at the home. Bertha is listed as boarding and so are Ray and Harriet. Ray is also listed as a clerk at his parents' store. In 1901 the store becomes a millnery, Harriet moves out, John is listed as a trav. mn- but I don't know what that stands for because there are no others like it- and Ray is no longer a clerk at the store.
This is where the history of the home becomes a little confusing.
1905-1906: Campion, Myron A. and, Emma J. lived here. Myron is listed to be a R.M.S.
1908-1909: The house is listed vacant... However, Myron is listed to live at 271 N. Franklin street, but that address doesn't exhist. It didn't exhist then and still doesn't now.
1915-1922: Campion, Nellie and Myron lived here. He is as a grocer.
1922: Campion, Mary and Mryon lived here. Myron is the head of Campion Grocery.
1922-1937: Campion, Nellie and Myron are back together. Myron is still running the grocery store.
1950-1955: Campion, Nellie lives here alone as a widow.
1960-1962: Metts, Lloyd E. Reverend and Anna K. lived here. Reverend Lloyd was a pastor at First Southern Baptist Church.
1963-1974: Askins, Merle G. and, D. Joan lived here together. Merle was a tool maker at Demson Engineering, and then in 1974 was a tool maker at Abex.
1975-1977: The home sits empty and is vacant.
1978-1979: Heath, Mary B. lived here and worked as a bookmobile assistant at the Delaware County District Library. She must have made part of the home an apartment because in 1978 De Garmeaulx, Michelle is listed to live at 269 1/2. Michelle was the secretary to Fred R, Wickham. In 1979 296 1/2 is listed to house Chapman, Henry O. who was a driver for Domino's Pizza.
1980-1997: Bacon, James C. and, Nancy L. lived here. 269 1/2 is vacant in 1980 and 1981, and then not listed afterwards. James was the vice president of sales at Swan House until 1983. In 1983 he became the president of Bacon Marketing Inc. while Nancy was the president of Fan Attic Inc. Then in 1984 Nancy becomes the secretary treasurer at her husband's comapny. They continued in those positions until 1997.