|Title||Italianate at West Lincoln Ave|
|Scope & Content||
The house has a plaque that states it was a presidential home built in 1865. Andrew Johnson was president after Lincoln was shot.
N Washington didn't go past Lincoln until 1887, and Lincoln had been named Bomford until President Lincoln's assassination.
Solomon and Samantha Lett purchased the property in 1859 and sold in 1882.
People Who Lived Here:
1890-1892: Clarke, John B. and Mrs. O P. John was boarding and Mrs. O didn't work.
1864-1867: N. Jones, and later in the year James Miller.
1899: McCall, Jessie, Margaret, E. Hudson and Harry W. Jessie was *boarding there and so was Margaret. Hudson was a traveling agent. Harry was a student at OWU and was boarding as well.
1901: Perfect, W. He was a notary.
1905-1906: Anderson, HT and Emma, and Anderson, Mabel. HT was a farmer, and Mabel was a student at OWU and boarding.
*People were considered to be boarding if they were over 18 and living there while not paying the actual morgage. They could be the children of the people owning the home or not. Some were actual boarding students who paid rent, and others were just the children who were over 18.