Delaware County Historical Society logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title Senator Willis's Home 264 North Franklin Avenue
Object Name House
Scope & Content 1897: Phillips, M. E. Mrs
1899-1906: Dodd, James F. James was a traveling agent and salesman.
1908-1909: There is no listing for the property
1915-1920: Micliner, F. E. and Mattie L. Mr. Micliner was a child's physician.
1922-1928: Willis, Frank, wife Allie and daughter Helen lived here. Mr. Willis was a U.S. Senator, and the then high school, now an elementary school, is named after him. His widow and family continued to live in the home after he passed.
1928-1955: Willis, Allie D. lived here, and her daughter Helen D. lived here in 1930 while she was a student at OWU and then later from 1953-1955 with her mother.
1960: Leethy, Jos W. and Wilma lived here. Wilma worked with the Delaware Home Builders. No job is given for Jos.
1962-1967: Rucker, Calvin E. and Mary lived here. Mr. Rucker was a teacher at Hayes High School.
1966: Pechin Edgar H. also lived with the Ruckers' for at least part of the year.
1967-1972: Held, William F. and Donna L. lived here. Mr. Held was an engineer at Magacobar Mud. They must have bought the house from the Ruckers' at some point during the year, for noth are listed to live here at the time.
1973-2000: Singleton, Ray P. and Carol. Ray was a supervisor at North Electric.
Catalog Number DCPC.2016.3