|Title||William Nash House — Delaware, Ohio|
|Object Name||Transparency, Slide|
|Place||Ohio/Delaware County/City of Delaware/William Street/East/157|
Front of the Nash House (157 East William Street). The house was built in 1878. The initial owner was Thomas Slattery. His wife was Wilmina (Zimmer). The house was sold in late 1882 to Ann Hutchins, and in 1885 the Hutchinses sold the house to William Henry Nash. The house would stay in the Nash family for the next 69 years; three generations of the Nash family lived here.
In 1954, Pauline Nash, an active community volunteer, donated the house (and various family artifacts) to the Delaware Historical Society, hoping it could be used to educate children. Pauline passed away in 1975.
|Print size||2" x 2"|
|Photographer||Cryder, George R.|