|Title||Anna G White North Main Street residence - Built in 1860 - Delaware|
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
White, James E.
|Place||Ohio/Delaware County/City of Delaware/Sandusky Street/North/131|
Residence built in 1860 of Mrs Anna G White North Main St (later N. Sandusky St)
Anna (Williams) White, the oldest daughter of Judge Hosea Williams, married Rev. White. He was a Methodist minister, filling many prominent pulpits in central Ohio during his lifetime. Upon his retirement, years later, they built the house on North Sandusky St. where Mr. & Mrs. William Semans now live.
John Williams White, the son of Anna and Rev White, was a widely known Greek Scholar and author. He was head professor of Greek at Harvard University for many years.
This house was used for a period of about eight years as a meeting place for Theta Deuteron Chapter of Phi Gamma Delta fraternity.