Delaware County Historical Society logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title Chesapeake and Ohio Railway freight depot, Delaware, Ohio
Object Name Print, Photographic
Place Ohio/Delaware County/City of Delaware/William Street/West 371
Description Chesapeake and Ohio Railway freight depot, Delaware, Ohio
This Station and Depot was build alongside the rail line which was originally completed in 1877 as Columbus & Toledo Railroad. It was later merged with the Hocking Valley Railroad and then the Cheapeake and Ohio Railroad. In 1987, it became part of the CSX System. The buildings were demolished in October 1987 as a result of the discontinuence of passenger service in early 1970's

Subjects Railroad depots
C&O Railway
Hocking Valley Railway
Print size 3-1/2 x 3-1/2
Photographer Monks, Paul
Catalog Number 2011.09.4