Delaware County Historical Society logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title Hocking Valley Depot Delaware, Ohio
Object Name Print, Photographic
Place Ohio/Delaware County/City of Delaware/William Street/West 371
Description Hocking Valley Depot and passenger Station Delaware, Ohio

This Station and Depot was build alongside the rail line which was originally completed in 1877 as Columbus & Toledo Railroad. It was later merged with the Hocking Valley Railroad and then the Cheapeake and Ohio Railroad. In 1987, it became part of the CSX System. The buildings were demolished in October 1987 as a result of the discontinuence of passenger service in early 1970's

Studio Albertype Co Brooklyn, NY
Print size 2-1/2" x 4"
Photographer George D Mcquire
Catalog Number FIC2014.1.266