|Date||5 Dec 1965|
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
|Place||Ohio/Delaware County/Radnor Township/Radnor/S.R. 203/Radnor Road|
Watkins Inn, Northwest corner of SR 203 & Radnor Road
This structure was constructed in 1850 by William Watkins, after he had purchased the land from the Evans family in 1847. The farmhouse wasn't used as a stagecoach inn till 1856, and then given the name "Delhi House."
This residence has stayed within the Watkins family, through the 1950s. Front porch added in the twentieth century.
Might have been a stop along the Underground Railroad.
Delaware County (Ohio) -- History
Inns -- Delaware County (Ohio)
|Print size||3" x 5"|